Saturday, August 24, 2013

Greetings and Salutations!

Hello everyone, and welcome to The Bacon Monster!  My name is Dave, and thank you for checking out this blog.  The Bacon Monster is a way to combine two loves of my life writing, and bacon.

First, I want to acknowledge my mom, Kathy.  She is the one who inspired me to blog about bacon, and also she has nurtured and shared in both my loves of creative writing and bacon.  Including taking me to Denny's so I could take part of their "BACONALIA" promotions in 2011 and enjoy bacon maple ice cream.

Second, I'd like to tell you a bit about myself.  I'm in my mid 20s and live in suburban Chicago.  I work in customer service and sales.  I live with my family, two cats and a turtle.

I've always enjoyed bacon.  It's well understood in my family that if I eat bacon on a sandwich, I'll pull it off and save it for last.  I've become very interested recent bacon related products to come out onto the market, including the aforementioned bacon ice cream, bacon jerky,and bacon duct tape.  Yes, my friend Katy told me about duct tape that has bacon printed on it.  She also told me about bacon-shaped ice cube trays. 

My purpose in this blog is twofold.  I want to share my experiences with bacon, tell you about any interesting bacon related products that come my way.  But I also want this to be an interactive experience, with you, the reader.  So every entry, I will pose a question for you to comment below.

So this entry's question: What was the most interesting bacon-related food item you've ever tried?

I will definitely have to say for me it was the bacon ice cream sundae.  To put a face to this blog, here's a picture of me eating the bacon sundae.



Thanks for reading and happy baconing!


Dave aka TheBaconMonster

4 comments: