Friday, November 1, 2013

Bacon Cinnamon Rolls!




Greetings fellow bacon lovers!

Today I decided to try a recipe I found herehttp://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/bacon-cinnamon-rolls/c268a5e7-46af-4de1-9edf-d8e7996a4a60.

So I have my ingredients:

(Yes I guess you could say I cheated and used pre-cooked, but I think the pre-cooked is just as tasty as the real thing.)

What you're supposed to do it cook the bacon per package instructions, using one strip of bacon per cinnamon roll(ie, 8 rolls=8 strips of bacon), disassemble the cinnamon rolls, put the slightly cooked bacon inside the rolls, and roll them back up.  I learned an important this time, next time, use Grands cinnamon rolls.  But these will do in a pinch.  I say to use Grands is because you can unroll the rolls easier.



Here they are ready to go into the oven.  I used a bundt pan because our metal roll pan is MIA.  But the bundt pan will work too(Thanks, America's Test Kitchen!)

I put them in a 400 degree oven(according to cinnamon roll directions) for 14 minutes(in retrospect I should have done 12 or 13 but I think they came out good(and even my Mom said they were tasty!)



And there you have the final product. 

I think this was a nice savory addition to the cinnamon rolls, and who am I kidding, everything's better with bacon!

Thanks for reading and happy baconing!

No comments:

Post a Comment