Monday, September 2, 2013

Bacon Baked Beans recipe from Mom :)

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

So to start off this entry, I share a quote from comedian Jim Gaffigan, who incorporates bacon into his act.

Whenever I'm at a brunch buffet and they have that big metal tray filled with the 4000 pieces of bacon, I always think, "If I was here by myself...I would eat only bacon. I would steal this tray, go lay down, and eat bacon all day."

Can't say I blame you there, Jim!

So tonight for Labor Day dinner at my sister's, my wonderful Mom made bacon baked beans, and being the awesome Mom she is, she shared the recipe "for da blog"


Ingredients:

  • 10 - 12 strips bacon
  • 3 cans (16 ounces each) baked pork and beans
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1/2 cup ketchup, or use part barbecue sauce

Preparation:

Fry bacon until crisp; drain well on paper towels. Then cut in 1-inch pieces.
Combine all ingredients; transfer to crockpot; cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours.
Serves 6 to 8.
Enjoy!!!






I am open for trying any recipes you may have, for usage of course on the blog.  So if you have recipes, you can send them to me in the following manners:
-Leave a comment below
-Send them to e-mail at bacon_monster1@yahoo.com
-Share them on my Facebook fan page!

As always, thanks for reading, and happy baconing!

No comments:

Post a Comment