Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Bacon candy canes, and thanks for recipes!

Hello fellow bacon lovers!

 I think we love bacon because it has all the qualities of an amazing sensory experience. When we cook it, the sizzling sound is so appetizing, the aroma is maddening, the crunch of the texture is so gratifying and the taste delivers every time.
Couldn't agree more, Alexandra Guarnaschell, Food Network chef!

I honestly can't believe I'm composing a NEGATIVE review of a bacon product.  But, with this blog, my goal is to provide you the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.  Well, at least my true opinions.

And in my opinion, I am not impressed with Accoutrements Old Fashioned bacon candy canes. Sure, I know that Christmas is four months away, but I couldn't help but be intrigued to try these out.



First off, I am a bit concerned that a food product wouldn't have nutrition facts anywhere.  You have to call a phone number if you want nutrition facts.



Well, no nutrition facts aside, let's move on to the ingredients: sugar, syrup, water, Citric Acid, Artificial Bacon Flavor, and FD&C red 40.

Now, how does it taste?

Not very much like bacon.

There's a bit of a peppermint taste to the candy cane, and a very odd smoke taste, like the smoke from smoking meat, like bacon.  But nothing really resembling bacon.

It's a bit of a disappointment, honestly.  I LOVE flavored candy canes and I wanted so much to like these, but alas, not so.










ENTRY QUESTION: Have you ever tried a bacon product you did NOT like? Leave a comment below.
In some more positive news, I have gotten two submissions for recipes.

Thanks to my mom for the Bacon Crescent Rolls recipe found here

And thanks to my friend Brandi for the Cheesy bacon bombs recipe found here

I will be devoting each recipe to its own blog entry, where I will show how to make them and provide my thoughts.

Thanks to all for their support of this blog.  This was started as a great idea and I love doing this.

Thanks for reading and happy baconing!

No comments:

Post a Comment