Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Bacon maple funnel cake: Making a delicious treat even better!

Hello bacon lovers!

Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.- Doug Larson

I agree!

I went to a fest this past weekend, the Midwest Zest Fest in Highland, Indiana.  While on a quest for anything bacon related, I was alerted to a vendor that had bacon funnel cakes.  So off I went to California Funnel Cakes, a Northwest Indiana based food vendor, where Tiffany served me up a funnel cake, but not just ANY funnel cake:



Let me tell you, it was excellent.  It combined sweetness of maple confection drizzled on the cake, the saltiness and savoriness of the bacon, and of course the wonderful fried taste that comes from the funnel cake.

I love fried food and I love tried and true fest favorites like funnel cake but Tiffany and California Funnel Cakes took it to the next level, an incredibly delicious level melding the flavors of bacon and maple.

So a big thanks to Tiffany and California Funnel Cakes! I will definitely see you again at next year's Zest Fest!

Thanks for reading and happy baconing!

No comments:

Post a Comment